Saturday, May 23, 2009

Intro

I found a couple of "mystery boxes" of old Kodachrome slides in my basement which I had never seen before. These photos span the period of time between 1974 and 1977.

Spoiler Alert: There aren't many photos here.

But I know what they mean to me and I figured they might mean something to others as well.

I set this up so that friends and family can access the photos and, if they so choose, post their own comments. Being in the spirit of things, I've added a few memories of my own as well as some other stuff.

- Michael Alden

3 comments:

  1. Mike, I remember that one of my goals was to see how much I could scare you! I remember you spent the night with us and we watched " The Blob" on TV. I remember you were pretty scared of it and things got even worse when I sneaked into the kitchen and came out with a hand full of jelly moaning " The Blob, The Blob!
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike I remember on another occasion taking you on a " Snipe Hunt". I remember we told you about this real mean snipe named George, that looked sort of like a monkey or small bigfoot. It was actually me hiding in the woods near our house waiting for Doug to bring you near me. I had a pretty realistic rubber monkey mask from Universal Studios from when we lived in California. Mom made me a furry costume for Haloween. Anyway "George" chased you all the way back to our house. You did not think it was very funny at the time!
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man!

    I don't recall "George the Snipe" but that's hilarious. You guys!

    I do remember watching "The Blob" at your house. It was pretty creepy. The Blob was frozen to death...or so it seemed. Some ooze came out of the frozen mass and the closing title read "The End...?"

    ReplyDelete