Saturday, May 23, 2009

Campin'









click images to enlarge














Left to right: Not sure who the two kids (partially seen on the far left) are. Followed by my Mom, Nora McKellar, Susan McKellar (roasting marshmallows) and Fred McKellar.














Same group, but it looks like Linda Payne has joined the party!















I'm not sure who some of these people are. I do recognize Lee Payne sitting in the chair, however - along with Susan, Nora, my Mom, Linda Payne and Ranger.














My Mom at camp. Not sure whose Red Dale rig that is. The tent was ours, before we got our camper.














A closer view and Ranger, too!














The beginning of a new adventure. Not our truck. Noble's, maybe?














Nora McKellar and my Mom (Penny)














Nora McKellar rubbing lotion on someone's foot. Mosquito dope, maybe? I think that's Linda Payne on the right (in profile)














A picnic at the Salcha River with Jim and Michelle Ozimkoski, I believe.













Another view.














Goofy exposure here, but that's our Dodge Ramcharger in front of our Taurus camper, with the McKellar's Prowler camper next to it. My Dad traded in for the Ramcharger after arriving in Alaska in 1974 with a Dodge Scamp, a small car which was deemed "unfit" for the wilds of Alaska. Note the "bay window" on the rear half of the Ramcharger. That was actually quite nice as you could take in a lot of scenery in the back seat!














Poor Ranger. Towards the end, he was up to five packs of Marlboros a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment